08 October, 2009

The Appropriate Place for an Exorcism?

I found this article on Fox News' website. I believe that exorcisms take place- and probably should take place more often. I have no trouble believing this story. What amazes me is the reaction of Debbie Heida, Dean of Students. I laughed out loud when I read this: Dean of Students Debbie Heida said a school campus is an inappropriate place for an exorcism and removed him from his R.A. post.

She's a Dean of Students at a "Christian College." Christian! When is the appropriate time to rid a girl of a demon! "Excuse me, Sir" (I'm using an old lady voice right now), "This is not the time nor place" (pressing eyeglasses up against the bridge of my nose) "to exercise a demon. Next time you need to tell that demon to wait."

Now, I can't think of an exact time or reference, but I'm positive that Jesus saw no barriers- no poor timing, no bad locations, no improper situations- to casting out demons. Sometimes I think we read stories about exorcisms and think about what kind of power must have been displayed in that situation. But what about the person afflicted with the demon? How much pain and anguish must a person be in when possessed by a demon? I'm proud of this RA at Berry College. I'm glad he didn't wait for an appropriate time and place. Give me a break!

Praise God for giving this young man a spirit of power!

College R.A. Removed From Post After Performing So-Called 'Exorcism' - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Posted using ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment