30 October, 2009

Hudson's Lullaby

Last night was a rare night. It was rare because I held Hudson between 2:30 am and 4:00 am and absolutely loved every minute of it. He did not fight me- he fought sleep. He would rest his eyes for 3-5 minutes, wake up, pull back from my chest, and then collapse into it again. He rarely cried and rarely made a sound. I hummed and sang softly the same song over and over again for about 45 minutes. It's a lullaby that Jessica and I wrote together last Christmas as Jessica was carrying Hudson in her belly. It's sung to the tune of "Be Thou My Vision." I thought I'd share it with you now.

"Sleep now our Hudson
with whom we've been blessed;
Dream of our Jesus
for He's your true rest;
He's your great Comfort
your Strength and your Friend;
He'll never leave you
from now til the end."

We'd like to make little songs like this and traditions in our house all point to Jesus. We're looking for more family traditions and songs that are meaningful and amplify Christ. Feel free to share if you have one that's a must!

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, Kyle. The only songs I've made up are completely silly and just mostly encompass the kiddos names! :) You guys are such wonderful parents! So glad to live life alongside you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristy! We have some silly songs, too. You can do it, though. The songs will come to you. (And if I remember correctly, you have some musical background too, right?)
    We love your family and we're so proud to walk through life with you guys too.

    ReplyDelete